Bishop Akiyama will visit with the community at St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church in Milwaukie, OR for a visitation.
St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church
Seeking Part-time Parish Administrator
18 hours per week
We are seeking an organized and friendly Parish Administrator to perform the following tasks: Greet and direct visitors; assist the Rector, Treasurer, and Deacon as needed; prepare weekly and special bulletins; maintain the website and social media platforms and update with current information; maintain membership lists; prepare reports; schedule building use and coordinate with users; order supplies.
The ideal applicant will have the following skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel;
- Ability to greet people in person, and on the phone and take accurate messages, etc.;
- Ability to maintain the website and social media platforms, and other communication channels such as written newsletters;
- Some experience with graphic design and layout is a plus
- Knowledge of Church Windows operating system and/or willingness and ability to learn;
- Ability to use other office equipment such as copiers;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information; and
- Having liturgical knowledge is a plus.
Hours of work are flexible but must be performed during normal Church Office hours which are: Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday – 9:30 am to 2:30 pm; Friday – 9:30 am to 12:30 pm; and the office is closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
Must be able to pass a background check.
Pay for position is: $20.00 per hour.
Application process: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.