St. Michael & All Angel’s Episcopal Church
POSITION: Associate for Youth and Young Adults
SALARY: This is an 8-10 hour/week hourly position, for 44 weeks/year. Compensation is $15-20/hr dependent on experience ($6,600-$8,800 approximate annual salary).
St. Michael & All Angels is a progressive Episcopal Church with worship expressions in both Spanish and English languages in the heart of Portland, Oregon’s Hollywood district.
The St. Michael & All Angels Associate for Youth and Young Adults is responsible for
providing ongoing Christian education and fellowship opportunities for the youth and young adults of the parish (grades 6-12). The Associate is responsible for integrating children, youth, and young adults into the life of the whole church.
- Plan, develop, and implement a relationship-based Christian education and fellowship program and curriculum for the church’s youth from grades 6-12
- Develop and lead a ministry for young adults (age of young adults defined by participants), including collaborating and coordinating with volunteer youth leaders and staff to lead weekly youth group meetings during the school year
- Integrate youth and young adults from outside the church into these activities
- Engage the church and the wider community in activities that promote youth leadership, integrates their families, and develops intergenerational opportunities within the church
- Integrate the youth and young adult programs into the life of the church
- Work with Pastoral Staff to provide a confirmation experience annually
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various leaders in the community for purposes of swift outreach programs
- Organize, lead and develop a funding plan for an annual mission trip
- Provide regular communication to the youth, their families, young adults and the church
- Recruit, train and affirm volunteers for the youth and young adult programs
- Have a presence and role in Sunday worship as appropriate
- Member of the church staff, supervised by the Senior Rector
- Collaborate with the Associate for Ministry with Children & Families
- Has been baptized
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies or Youth Ministry – OR – College Coursework. Prior Experience in Youth Ministry preferred
- Passionately embody St. Michael & All Angels’ core values of through daily living, exhibiting a good character, and practicing regular spiritual disciplines
- Experience working with youth and young adults in a Christian environment
- Enthusiastically inclusive of LGBTQ+ youth in all areas of ministry and leadership
- Excellent organization and communication skills, including using social media tools
- Physical capability to participate in youth activities
- Pass a criminal background check and sign the willingness to be a mandatory reporter form
St. James Santiago Church is seeking a part-time music director. Will provide musical accompaniment (prefer piano/organ) during services, work with priest on music selection and potentially lead small choir. Hours and compensation TBD.
Contact the Rev. Chris Hertlein at firstname.lastname@example.org / 541-994-2426 for more information.
Christ Church, Lake Oswego website
The Nursery Supervisor is responsible for the safe and smooth operation of the Church Nursery on Sunday mornings. The Nursery cares for infants starting at age 6 months and toddlers. The supervisor will be responsible for training and directing adult and teen helpers who assist in caring for the children. Critical to this position is the dependable presence of the Nursery Supervisor every Sunday. Pre-arranged absences can be coordinated with the Director of Education.
- To be present in the Nursery each Sunday from 9:30 am – 12 noon.
- To maintain policies and procedures that ensure the safety and care for the children in the Nursery.
- To train and direct adult and teen helpers on the policies and procedures of the Nursery.
- To orient new parents to the Nursery and ensure each child has been signed in, special needs registered, and the designated security system is observed.
- To provide appropriate and safe activities for the children.
- To work with the Director of Christian Education on equipment needs for the Nursery or other needs as identified by you.
- To maintain the clean, safe and efficient use of the Nursery space.
- To work with the Director of Christian Education in monitoring quarterly babysitters schedules.
Experience with infants and toddlers
Good communications skills with children and parents
Current Red Cross first aid certification for infants and toddlers or willingness to take the training.
Commitment to complete the online self-paced program for safe boundaries with children.
Successfully pass local and national law enforcement agency background check.
Compensation and Application Process
This position pays $50 per Sunday and processes through our staff payroll system monthly.
Opportunities for additional hours are available as needed throughout the year.
Please send your letter of interest to Susie Coffman-Sisk at email@example.com.
Due to the CDC’s recommendations, we will continue to mask in all interior spaces in the building. To ensure the protection of all we will remain masked at all times.
Holy Spirit Episcopal Church is a small, warm mission parish in Sutherlin, Oregon. We are looking for a Vicar who will work alongside us as we strive to live out our baptismal covenant in our congregation, our community, and the world. This priest will seek to know us as we work to welcome all inspired to join us.
This would be a wonderful opportunity for a retired priest to ease into retirement or Bi-vocational priest. This is a ¼ time position for which the priest would provide 3 services a month, lead seasonal Bible studies and provide some pastoral visits.
We are the only church on Central Park in Sutherlin, Oregon. We are within easy reach of the Pacific Ocean, the Cascade mountains, Great hiking trails & waterfalls, and world class fishing in the Umpqua river which is less than 10 minutes away. This is a wonderful place to live. The population is slowly growing with recently retired couples creating a great opportunity for our congregation to grow.
This is a ¼ time position. See the Parish Profile here.
To Apply, please send your resume, OTM Portfolio, and a cover letter to The Rev. Christopher Craun at firstname.lastname@example.org.