Youth ministry in the Diocese of Oregon is coordinated through the Diocesan Youth Commission (DYC). DYC members are appointed by the bishop and serve three-year terms. The convener is Rose Thomas of St. Mary's, Eugene.
Diocesan Youth Ministry Activities:
- Support for Congregational Youth Ministry (see resource list below)
- Fall Diocesan Youth Event (FYE)
- Spring Diocesan Youth Event (SYE)
- Winter Diocesan Youth Event (WYE)
- Episcopal Youth Event (EYE) - the triennial gathering of youth from all around The Episcopal Church (learn more...)
- Youth Mission Trip (YMT) (learn more...)
Did you attend a youth event recently? Click here to complete a short evaluation on your experience.
Support for Congregational Youth Ministry:
- Generic Permission Slip
- Forma de permiso bilingue
- Annual permission form
- Diocese of Oregon Digital & Social Media Guidelines 2018
- Safe Church requirements: all employees and volunteers who work with youth are required to complete Safeguarding God's Children. Click here to learn more and to register for training.
- Background checks: all employees and volunteers who work with youth are required to complete background checks. Click here to learn more.
- Forma - Forma is the Episcopal organization for Christian formation leaders. Membership is based on a sliding scale and includes access to a very active and helpful listserv as well as job postings and other professional information. Website: www.forma.church
- Scholarship funds are available to assist local leaders in attending national and regional conference. Contact the Rev. Canon Carol W. Sedlacek for more information and application forms.
Have questions about youth ministry in the Diocese of Oregon? Contact:
The Rev. Canon Carol W. Sedlacek
Canon for Christian & Leadership Formation
Episcopal Diocese of Oregon
11800 S. Military Lane
Portland, OR 97219