Oregon Episcopal School (OES) was originally founded in 1869 as the all-girls school St. Helen's Hall by the Rt. Rev. Benjamin Wistar Morris, the Bishop of Oregon. In 1972 St. Helen's Hall was merged with the all-boys school, Bishop Dagwell Hall, and was renamed the Oregon Episcopal School. Today, OES sits on a 59-acre campus in the Southwest hills of Portland and educates over 800 day and boarding students in Pre-K - Grade 12.
The parish of St. John the Baptist sits at the heart of the campus, next to the belltower, and shares its facility with OES.
Bishop Akiyama serves as the Chair of the Board of Trustees for OES.