CLICK HERE if you have news or an event to submit to our events calendar
- This event has passed.
Mental Health Crisis De-Escalation Training
January 17 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Sponsored by Portland Street Response (https://www.portland.gov/streetresponse), this training will help to equip participants in engaging and supporting neighbors and community members experiencing a crisis. The following is what we hope participants will be able to do after the training:
- Identify what factors can lead to crisis
- Identify three unique stages of crisis
- Determine how to approach someone in crisis based on the stage of crisis they observe
- Identify communication strategies that help and hinder de-escalation efforts
- Establish ways to manage personal biases and stress reactions in order to effectively de-escalate
There is no cost to the event. Participants should bring their own paper and pen, water bottle, and snack (as needed) and be available to stay for the whole training. To register, email email@example.com with “De-Escalation Training” in the subject line.