St. George Episcopal Church is located in the southern Oregon town of Roseburg, nestled in the Umpqua Valley between the scenic Oregon Coast and the towering Cascade Mountains. Established in 1860, we are a church with a rich history and a vision for the future. We daily live our Mission Statement, “Loving God, Loving Our Neighbors,” within our church, in the community, and globally.
Some examples of our ministries include the following:
Within our church:
- Eucharistic visits.
- Active prayer chain.
- Helped parishioner move to Portland.
- Purchased needed furnishings for parishioner in retirement home.
- Active Episcopal Church Women group.
- Fellowship opportunities including Coffee Hour feasts, potlucks, and an annual picnic.
- Participation in ecumenical worship services.
- Lively choir.
- Supporting the local FISH Food Pantry.
- School supplies for local elementary school.
- Christmas Giving Tree – gifts for local at-risk children.
- Classes and activities for the young mothers of Safe Haven.
- Shared facilities with Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church.
- 30+ year relationship with AA groups meeting at St. George’s.
- Donations for Maya Jaguar School in Guatemala.
- Donations to Episcopal Relief.
St. George’s is prayerfully waiting to call a new half-time Rector. Each week we say together the Transition Prayer. This was composed by the congregation of St. George’s.
Dear God Our Father,
Hear our prayers.
Bless and guide us with joyful hearts.
Give us the vision to recognize the priest you send to fill our needs.
Inspire us on our journey with patience, faith, love, honesty, caring, and hope.
Thy will, not ours, be done.