Applications are now accepted for the 2017 United Thank Offering grants: 10 grants of $2500 for young adults (ages 19-30); and 10 grants of $2500 to seminarians (no age limit).
The focus of the grants is Evangelism and Reconciliation.
The United Thank Offering is a ministry to promote thankfulness and mission in the whole Church. Known worldwide as UTO, the United Thank Offering awards grants for projects that address human needs and help alleviate poverty, both domestically and internationally in the Episcopal Church.
Complete guidelines are available here
Young Adult Grant Process
- Young adults, ages 19-30, should submit their applications to their diocese for screening and selection.
- The bishop will select one application per diocese. The diocesan office will submit its choice by Friday, November 4 at 5 pm Eastern to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A bishop’s signature is required on the application. Applications without a bishop’s signature will not be accepted.
- Young Adult Grant applicants will be notified of the status of their application following Executive Council Approval in January 2017.
Seminarian Grant Process
- Seminarian grant applications are intended for start-up costs of new ministries, not for the continuation of ongoing ministries.
- Seminarians must hail from one of the accredited seminaries of The Episcopal Church listed here or from the Commission for Theological education for Latin American and the Caribbean (CETALC).
- Seminarians should submit their applications to their dean for screening and selection.
- The dean will select two applications per seminary. The dean’s office will submit its choice by Friday, November 4 at 5 pm Eastern to email@example.com.
- The dean’s signature is required on the application. Applications without a dean’s signature will not be accepted.
- Seminarian Grant applicants will be notified of the status of their application following the Executive Council meeting in January 2016.
For more information contact the Rev. Heather Melton, Missioner for the United Thank Offering.